Monday, January 4, 2016

One of many Great Realizations

I think one of the greatest realizations I've had, having been taken in to the Christian worldview, is that truth does not depend on my personal preference. That even and especially when a particular scripture offends me or doesn't line up with my opinions. Then that means I'm wrong. My opinion is wrong and it needs to change. And coming to understand that there's nothing wrong with that.  It's a good thing. In fact it's the most obvious evidence that the Bible is divine, in that it has the ability to correct me. If a book did not need to speak to me, and I could speak to it, and pick and choose what I wanted from it, and leave the rest, then that book is nothing more than a work of man. But if the book, the Bible, corrects me, and shows me where I'm wrong, then it must be divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment